Towable Generator Rental
5 Advantages of Towable Generator Rentals for Construction Sites
Without a doubt, there isn’t a lot of work that can be done on a construction site without electricity. Whether you’re operating machinery or providing illumination at a worksite after dark, a dependable power source is vital. That’s why many construction crews count on towable generators.
Towable generators are remarkably versatile pieces of equipment that are essential in the construction industry. They are more powerful and robust than smaller portable generators but less permanent than larger stationary generators. Towable generators can serve as a primary source of electricity at jobsites where grid power isn’t available, as well as a reliable backup power supply during a power outage.
Also called trailer-mounted or tow-behind generators, towable generators provide a power supply wherever and whenever you need it. In addition, they are attached to a custom-built trailer and ball hitch for easy towing by most work trucks and SUVs.
Rent a Towable Generator
Providing power on a construction site can be complex and challenging. So, when you need a reliable solution for temporary or standby power requirements on a construction site, contact the knowledgeable and experienced professionals at your local ARA-affiliated rental store for the towable generator rental you need to make your project a success.
You can choose from a wide selection of towable generator rental units, from diesel generator rentals to gas-powered models — all available in a wide array of sizes, configurations and output capacities. Your ARA-affiliated rental store professionals offer excellent customer service, can answer any questions and will help you determine the right towable generator rental for you.
Benefits of Towable Generators
Towable generator rentals offer a host of significant benefits that make them a superb choice for powering a wide variety of construction site applications. By combining some of the top advantages of portable generators and standby models into one product, towable power generators offer the best of both worlds:
- Mobility: In contrast to stationary models, towable generators are totally mobile. While portable generators are also mobile and sometimes come equipped with wheels, only towable generators are designed to hitch directly on the back of a vehicle. This enables you to effortlessly haul your generator exactly where you need to go and park it in place while it’s in use. You can also transport your towable generator from one jobsite to another.
- Flexibility: Every jobsite has unique power requirements. Some jobs may need electricity for hand tools and other small equipment while other projects may need electricity for lighting, heavy machinery or even temporary shelters or offices. Towable generators come in various models, each with different features and power levels. You can select the power output that best matches your task requirements, ensuring safe and efficient generator operation no matter the application.
- Power: Towable generators typically offer more power than smaller portable models, making them the perfect choice when your project demands more power than what a smaller portable unit can provide. Towable generators can usually power multiple tools and devices at once and can run for longer stretches due to their large fuel tanks. Towable generators usually run on diesel fuel, but some models use other fuel types.
What’s more, the continuous power that towable generator rentals provide comes in especially handy during a sudden storm or blackout. Using a towable generator as a primary or backup electrical source diminishes the risk of an unexpected loss of power and keeps your project running on track.
- Safety: A sudden loss of power on a construction site can create unsafe conditions, especially at night — and most notably when doing road work at night. Workers left in the dark will be subjected to a variety of hazards, so bright lights are necessary for keeping the jobsite safe and helping workers see what they’re doing.
Additionally, a machine or tool that abruptly stops running while in use due to a loss of power presents even more threats to your crew members. A towable generator rental can help you avoid these dangerous situations.
- Avoiding downtime: Unexpected delays and sudden downtime due to a lack of electricity can cause major inconveniences on a jobsite, increase project costs and decrease your profitability. A towable generator will keep the power going and help you get your projects done on time.
When you’re in need of a towable generator rental for your jobsite, count on your local ARA-affiliated rental store to help you find one that meets your requirements. Simply use the Rental Store Locator above to find a store near you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are generators used for on construction sites?
Some tools and equipment that require power at a construction site include hand drills, chainsaws, battery chargers, circular saws and electric welders. Lighting is another important requirement, especially at night. Additionally, contractors carry out administrative duties using computers, laptops and cell phones. Construction sites also often provide temporary accommodations to work crews, which need electricity to power such items as refrigerators, air conditioners, fans and small appliances such as coffee makers and toasters.
How big of a generator do I need for a construction site?
Choosing the proper size towable generator is crucial in terms of performance, cost and safe operation. The aim is to have a towable generator that supplies ample power so it doesn’t become overburdened, which can lead to unnecessary downtime, delays and costs for service or returning the generator to the rental store and exchanging it for a different model. On the other hand, renting a generator that’s larger than required increases rental costs. Remember, one size doesn’t fit all, and the generator that worked for a previous project might not be the right fit for a current one. Of course, your local ARA-affiliated rental store professional can help you determine the correct size generator for your project.
What are the advantages of diesel generators over gasoline generators?
Diesel generators burn less fuel than gasoline generators, so they are more fuel efficient. Plus, diesel fuel is easy to access and is generally less expensive than gasoline.