Rented stages, platforms and risers are a great option for your event.
Rentals for Staging an Event
Your local ARA rental store professionals can help you find the perfect solution for your staging needs. They can advise you of the pros and cons of different stage setups. For example, they may inform you of the best stages for outdoor or indoor settings, different stage load ratings, proper bracing requirements, stage components needed for various configurations and local code regulations pertaining to stages. They often can create a CAD drawing to help you visualize your particular stage setup. Here are some of the staging products they may suggest.
- Performance stage. Rent stages for concerts and other live entertainment. Stages with adjustable legs make set up on uneven terrain easier and their height can ge adjusted. In addition, some stages permit a multi-tiered configuration.
- Meeting room stages. Rent this stage option to create an elevated platform for speakers at meetings. These stages commonly allow for height adjustment within a specified range. Some meeting room stages also have wheels for mobility.
- Stage decks. Rent stage decks separately or as part of a system, which includes a frame. Popular sizes of rectangular stage decks include 3 by 6 feet, 3 by 8 feet, 4 by 6 feet and 4 by 8 feet. Stage decks also come in pie shapes. Connect the stage decks end-to-end or side-to-side to create a number of configurations, such as a large stage for a drama or a runway for a fashion show. Some stage decks offer rounded corners for a more unique design.
- Bracing. Some rental stage systems include bracing. If not, make sure to rent the appropriate bracing for a stage to provide necessary stability and reduce the risk of injury.
- Multi-tiered risers. This rental stage option works well for choir or band performances. They commonly include either three or four steps. Configure risers in a number of patterns from a rectangle to a horseshoe. Some riser units have side and back rails attached to them.
- Mobile stages. Some rental stages come as self-contained trailers that unfold to create a stage with a back, sides and sometimes a roof. Pull these stages using a pickup truck. Stage extensions allow the creation of a larger stage.
- Stairs and handrails. Renting stairs and handrails for stages, helps provide safe access to the stage — a must for stages above 32 inches.
- Stage ramp. A rental ramp makes the stage accessible to the handicapped. It also makes it easier to locate needed mobile equipment on the stage.
- Guardrails and covers. Renting guardrails for a stage’s back and sides makes it safer, especially for stages 32 inches high or above. For a more finished look, rent covers — available in many colors — for the guardrails.
- Stage backdrop draperies. These mobile drapery units hide what takes place behind the performers on the stage, so that the audience can focus on what is happening on the stage. The color and fabric of the draperies vary.
- Stage skirting. Rent stage skirting to hide the support system below the stage and create a more ascetically appealing finish. Either clips or Velcro strips allow the skirts, which come in a variety of colors and fabrics, to attach to the stage.
- Crowd-control barriers. Renting crowd-control barriers helps keep the crowds away from the performers on the stage.
Benefits of renting a stage
You can use rental stages for performances or for elevating portable flooring. They can enhance a variety of events from concerts to corporate meetings to weddings. Rental stages offer these advantages.
- Focal point. Renting portable staging helps focus the attention of your guests where intended, whether that is on performers, a speaker, a fashion show or a wedding reception head table.
- Portability. Rental staging makes it possible to assemble a stage at nearly any event venue since stage configurations of all sizes are comprised of smaller, interlocking panels, which are stored on carts for mobility. Other mobile stages are self-contained trailers that unfold to create a stage with a back, sides and a roof. Either way, portability characterizes them.
- Easy installation. Trained rental store professionals generally transport, set up and later tear down staging to ensure proper installation.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your staging needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.
Also Available: Air Conditioned Tents