Do Your Lighting Homework Before Renting
The more information that you can give lighting experts about your event and rental lighting expectations, the better they will be able to meet your needs. Gather answers to these 10 questions before going to a consultation for renting lighting:
- Where will the event take place?
- What existing lighting is available at the event venue?
- How many guests will attend the event?
- What will the guests be doing — eating a sit-down dinner, going through a buffet line, dancing, etc.?
- What items — centerpieces, floral arrangements, ceilings, walls, dance floor, tents poles, etc. — can take advantage of lighting?
- What is the planned layout of the room?
- Does the event venue require generators or does it have sufficient power?
- What will the lighting equipment have to travel through to get to the final destination — size of entrances, availability and capacity of elevators, route availability, etc.?
- Whose insurance will cover any problems that may occur?
- What is the available budget for renting lighting?
To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.