A Variety of Chain Saw Rentals
ARA-affiliated rental stores offer a variety of chain saws and related products for both do-it-yourselfers and professionals. Most chain saw product rentals fall in one of the following categories.
- Lightweight. Homeowners often prefer renting this type of chain saw because they are easy to use and lightweight. These chain saws have guide bars in the 8- to 12-inch range — an appropriate length for cutting small branches and tree trunks. Electric chain saws fall in this category.
- Mid-weight. Rental chain saws having guide bars that measure 14 to 20 inches classify as mid-weight chain saws. These chain saws do not perform as well as heavyweight chain saws, but can cut logs or trees with larger diameters than lightweight chain saws can cut.
- Heavyweight. The guide bars on this type of chain saw usually exceed 20 inches, making them ideal for professionally cutting large trees.
- Pole pruner or chain saw. Rent this type of chain saw to trim or prune high tree limbs while standing on solid ground. Models come with either a fixed or a telescoping shaft and can reach 10 to 16 feet.
- Accessories. Renting personal protective equipment (PPE) along with your chain saw can help keep you safe. Consider renting a helmet that includes a mask and ear protection, as well as protective apparel, such as chaps that resist cutting. Some rental stores provide safety equipment as part of the chain saw rental. You can also rent a carrying case or bag, filing equipment, depth gauge, etc., for the rented chain saw.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your chain saw needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.