Power Trowel Rental Options
You can rent several different types of power trowels depending upon your needs. The following material describes various power trowels that you can rent
- Walk-behind power trowel. You can rent standard models of walk-behind power trowels for small to medium applications or for heavy-duty projects. Common sizes for walk-behind power trowels include 24, 30, 36, 46 and 48 inches. The smaller walk-behind power trowels can fit through a standard doorway. Walk-behind power trowels usually contain four-blade rotors.
- Ride-on power trowel. Often characterized by two rotors with four, five or six blades, ride-on power trowel rentals take less time and effort to finish large, concrete surfaces than walk-behind models do. Ring diameters on ride-on power trowels generally measure at 36, 46, 48 or 60 inches. The twin rotors’ paths either can cross over each other or not. In addition, power trowels come with or without gearboxes and drive belts. The hydrostatic models do not contain these moving parts, which eliminates a possible reason for a breakdown.
- Walk-behind epoxy power trowel. Designed for finishing epoxy coatings on concrete, these rented power trowels come in variable-speed and reduced-speed styles.
- Power trowel edger. Rent this type of power trowel to finish areas, such as near walls, around corners or in hallways, which a larger power trowel would miss.
- Accessories. One important accessory to consider when renting a power trowel is the blade that you will use on it. Other available accessories include float pans and grinding attachments. Many rental stores offer these accessories for sale or rent. You also may choose to rent a trowel dolly for easy transport of your rented power trowel.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your power trowel needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.