Hints for Using a Rented Air Compressor
Before you use your rented air compressor, take a moment to review these tips for using it properly and safely.
- Read all warnings and instructions for the rented air compressor and for the tools you will attach to it before use.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and hearing protection.
- To prevent injuries, do not direct compressed air at yourself or anyone else.
- To prevent burns, avoid touching heated components, such as the discharge tube and compressor head, while using the rented air compressor.
- Connect a rented, electric-powered air compressor to a grounded outlet that it will not overtax.
- Do not use a rented, gas-powered air compressor in an enclosed or unventilated space.
- Always place the rented air compressor on a level surface.
- For rented, engine-powered air compressors, check and, if needed, service all lubrication and fluid levels. Ensure you only use clean, fresh fuel.
- For rented, electric-powered air compressors, place unit as close to the electrical source as possible. If an electrical power source is over 100 feet from the jobsite, rent a longer air hose instead of using a long extension cord. A lengthy electric extension cord can cause too much power line loss, making the air compressor work harder, deliver less air and overheat.
- Adjust the rented air compressor’s pressure to the proper setting.
- Check air filters on the rented air compressor for accumulated dust and clean them, if necessary.
- For rented air compressors equipped with a tank, drain the condensed moisture from the tank every three to four hours of operation.
- Firmly and fully connect each air hose to the air compressor and tool.
- When done working, turn the rented air compressor off, release the pressure from the hoses, bleed the air from the tank when present and disconnect all air hoses.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your air compressor needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.